Great Lakes Angler Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot Awake View Post
    What ever happened to this company? Did they manufactures the riggers?
    I do not know for sure but my best guess is that since the guy that was going to produce the MMetalz was the original owner of Vector, when he sold the company the rights to the design went with the Vector brand to Nature Vision and then on to Traxstech. Since the MMetalz design was nearly identical to the Vector I'm sure he was infringing on a patented design and strongly encouraged to discontinue development.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

Thanks for reply, I had a set of vectors on an old boat and I miss them. The new traxtech are nice but very expensive for a downrigger.

Quote Originally Posted by seacat View Post
    are these the double top secret smuggled out photos of the new traxstech/vector riggers? Lots of similarities to my current vectors -- but lots more bling.

i agree they look just like my vectors

It has been a while now, but I know that Jeff at Traxstech wanted to make a "basic" model of the downrigger that would be much lower in cost. It would just do the standard up/down functions and likely not have all of the computerization.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

Any chance this will happen over the off season? Anybody?

He didnt say anything about it last time i was at the shop.He is so busy with what he has going allready i dont think you will see anything like that for next year.His riggers are pricey but after 3 seasons with them i would buy another pair.

Yup, they seem nice but not 3k worth of nice, especially based on the amount of fish caught on riggers now.

I only need a rigger that goes up and down, with a single switch, that simple and easy to maintain. My older Vectors still perform great but I know sooner or later it will be time to move on.

Have them on the boat with 2 seasons of heavy daily use on them and they're great, finish gets a bit dull but oh well. Solid like the old Vectors, great holders, still made and available, new motors own some we just got and they're dead quiet and smooth and will pull heavy weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionShip View Post
    Have them on the boat with 2 seasons of heavy daily use....will pull heavy weights.
    Will they handle 20# balls?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234