Great Lakes Angler Forum

Spoons Recommendations

So I am looking at getting spoons. I need recommendation on brand and size. Where are good place to get these spoons. Thanks in advance.

Marine General Duluth MN they have an online store and great customer service and support.

Lots of spots
    Tammy Fay
    Monkey Puke
    Water Melon
    Pink
    White
    Green
    Orange
    Flame Thrower
    Dark blue
    Dark purple
    Dolphin in blues, greens, and brown
    3-4 inch range with some larger
    I have few of each in different spoon shapes and silver, gold or glow backed.
    I switch all hooks to single siwash hooks because In my experience you lose less fish and you spend less time getting the fish out of net and unhooking fish.

You could look up the old fishing reports for the area you plan to fish. And see what was catching fish at different times of the season. Then look in the for sale section on this site.

What species of fish and where are you looking at targeting?

I am targeting two different species. Walleyes with smaller spoons and lake trout with well I assume larger spoons.
    what colors, brands, and sizes, I will be fishing lake superior in the duluth harbor all the way to two harbors area I know its big but well I am learning the lake.

We have had great success with pink panties on saginaw bay. Most any thing with copper back works well.

I used to carry dozens of different spoons. My 2 favourite go to spoons are Dirty White Boy (stinger) and ink Panties.

marine general has a ton of selection. Talk to corey. He goes out of Duluth port. He can tell you colors and size. etc