Great Lakes Angler Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Another try for pics

Ok Guys,

First shots are at the lake getting ready to go! You can see the trolling bar with the big jon swivel bases but not the riggers. The trolling bar is a railroad crossing gate I "found" one winter day broken off at a crossing.

Next is the flat foam floor interlocking squares I cut and and have over the painted, glassed floor.
    These are from Harbor freight tools. The seats came from Taylor Made when their factory closed and the seats got donated to a church rummage sale, then to me when they didn't sell.

The boat has a "shovel nose" which kind of looks odd but pushes spray far out to the side for a nice dry ride. Looking at the boat from the side it looks just like any other old boat.

Topside and hull paint are Rustoleum topsides Navy blue and white.

Ok, Here are a few more shots.

The big ol' honkin' transducer for the Garmin 73sv. Its the side view fish finder and works pretty well.
    I can't wait to get out into for water more than 12 feet deep to check out if its going to help in locating bait or big fish.

The engine, a bargain 1975 Johnson 115. The trolling bar with some of the amateur welding I had done, one of the downriggers with rod holders and swivel base and finally-

One out on the lake with our 10 year old son going fast (ish)

Almost done

So, there it is- Just about 99% done. All I need is some tweaking and the numbers/sticker from the IDNR and I can put the name stickers on her and then re-christen her with a bottle of bubbly!

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get down to Lake Michigan for some skinny water fall fishing. Sure would like to be able to put out some sticks bait on boards and tangle with a brown or two on the hunt.

Next project is bringing back a basket case Yamaha T8 that is in pieces. I got all the parts PLUS a side console control box, harness and tank for just over $200

Big Honey (2017)

Got it back out several times. Got Coho with the boy too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dirk
    my friend all i can say is
    wow!
    Great read
    great job
    certainly a labor of love and pasion
    that turned out very well
    thanks for posting

Great work!

Love it!

Looks Great! Should be good for another 50 Years!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123