Great Lakes Angler Forum

Recommendations for Guided Trip out of Detroit

I will be in Detroit on June 1 and 2 and looking to do some Walleye fishing (Detroit River/Lake Erie). Any recommendations on a guide/charter captain?

By June the Detroit River walleye fishing will be pretty much done for the year. The fish will be back out in Lake Erie and most have already finished spawning.

Most of the charter boats in the Detroit area are south on Lake Erie near Monroe. Toledo Beach Marina is on the lake near La Salle (11840 Toledo Beach Rd, La Salle, MI 48145) and has a lot of charters. Another good harbor is Luna Pier with many charters.

Only been on one Michigan based boat. It was a few years back but my group went with a charter named Stray Cat (not a catamaran and before I got mine ) run by John Giszczak. Had a good time and he worked to get us on fish. http://www.straycatsportfishingcharters.com/ He is out of TBM.

If you are willing to drive to Ohio there are many more options -- about an hour to get to west of Toledo where there are many marinas and boats available.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

If in Detroit, check out Jon Bondy, the guy who makes the Bondy Baits for Muskies. I believe he guides for Walleyes.