Great Lakes Angler Forum

Laketrout and salmon grilled

We were getting sick of Cajun grilled lakers so tried something different, turned out great on salmon and lakers. In measuring cup I put a few shots of Jim beam then filled to 1/4 cup with olive oil then a 1/4 cup soy sauce then poured into a ziplock bag and added a cup or so of brown sugar mixed it up put my fillets into it with skin on making sure they were coated well. Let sit a couple hours then grill as normal. It's my wife's and moms favorite way to have fish.

Simple and Easy, I like it!

Real similar to the one I always used for Steelhead. 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 oil, and 1/3 brown sugar. This might even sound better, so gotta try it. Thanks Fishtrap!

Another similar recipe 50/50 water and soy, brown sugar, garlic, ginger. Glaze with sesame oil or olive oil or butter before cooking.

Full strength soy is too much, and I dont get mixing water and oil?

Sounds good. A trick I learned for grilling trout on the grill is use brown paper grocery bags. Leave skin on when filleting, but skin side down on paper, cutting paper just bigger than the fillet, cook until fish flakes. lift meat off paper, leaving the skin on the paper. Throw paper away. Everyone likes it but my dog, she always got the skin and left over fish.