Great Lakes Angler Forum

Trolling speed with 200 Yamaha?

Looking to get into a new boat. 21' Wellcraft cc 3600 lb fiberglass with a 200 Yamaha. Anyone have one or similar that can speak to minimum trolling speed without bags etc. We mostly pull cranks for walleyes and salmon fish but likely will spend more effort on walleyes if Lake Michigan continues to be stingy. Don't want to have to add the kicker if I can help it.

2 stroke or 4 stroke? Year?
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

2015 New. 4 stroke. Stock on the boat. Price is stretching budget thin so if I would absolutely need a kicker it may bust the deal.

If it has Command Link controls then you can adjust the RPMs from 650-900 at 50 rpm increments, it should be good. Yamaha has the F200 in an inline 4 cylinder where the Command Link is standard or the Offshore V6 where it is optional. I would question the ability to fine control the RPMs without the Command Link feature.

The pitch of the prop is also going to make a difference... but one that is for good trolling speeds can sacrifice top end speeds.

If he doesn't reply to the thread, send a PM or email to Hondam. The place he works as a service tech is a Yamaha dealer.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

Thanks SeaCat. Seems like somewhere in a sales pitch I may have heard that. Boat shows are stimulus overload!