Great Lakes Angler Forum

Bolles Harbor morning trip

Greeted with Perfect weather and flats seas.... and difficult to catch fish. Took almost 4 1/2 hours to get my 6 during which time I sorted thru an additional 8 or so shorts most of which were caught on a 4 color leadcore with a green crawler harness. Brighter colors today with silvers/greens and light purples used on a jet w/spoon, deep diving bandits and some that only dove to about 12'. Screen was lit up at times with 8 or more fish but a tough bite. Mostly 20' of water pretty much straight out.

I wouldn't complain too much about 14 walleye in 4 1/2 hours with a 1 person spread. That's a fish every 20 minutes. You got your DAILY limit in a relatively short time on the water and with the big rain and winds from last week, Erie has been pretty churned up with not great fishing.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

Well, looking at it from that viewpoint gives me a new perspective Sea Cat! I guess the frustration over "seeing" so many fish on the screen gave me the impression the fish were there for the taking but again that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Did go out the next morning as well and the same waters held fish again but were extremely dirty and I only caught shorts. Sure gives hope to continued great fishing as I talked to another gentleman who claimed he and his buddy caught over a dozen in the 14" range. There was some cleaner water further east in the 23' range or about 5 miles out. Read another post where the casters were doing well with worms which I may just try next time out for something different.