Great Lakes Angler Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crestliner 2250 Authority

I have finally got a few days fishing in my new rig. I am slowly learning the boats ins and out and I am very happy.

I had the boat rigged with the Verado 350 and the 9.9 Merc Pro Kicker. I installed a 36v Xi5 and 2 HDS head units. It has 5 Cabelas 30AGM batteries installed. I installed 72" Traxtech tracks with 2 cannon mag 5's, 4 ratcheting rod holders and 2 3 rod trees.

The boat is very roomy and has a ton of storage. I can store 10 rods and all my gear easily. There is also well thought out shelf space on the boat for easy access for stuff i need.

I have the boat loaded pretty heavy with gear and batteries. I have a Rev 4 prop installed that is very responsive. Very quick to plane and very reactive. Being further in to my break in period i opened her up. Lake was very calm and i hit 57mph at 5950 RPMs fully trimed with 3 people in the boat. I thought the 350 would give me a little more, but still breaking it in.

The Verado 350 is scary quiet and sounds like it is running of electric only

I wanted to give the people as Basa's Marine in Bolingbrook IL. a thank you for helping me out with this boat. They were very helpfull and patient with my neurotic mannerisms.

As of right now my only concern is my power steering pump system. I have both house and starter batteries. The PS pump draws alot of charge off my started battery when trolling. I would assume the PS pump should be on the house battery?

Pictures to follow.
    Last edited by ichthyguy; 05-29-2017 at 07:12 AM.

I also like the washdown pump and the vinyl flooring, makes easy clean up of Coho scales and Laker crap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a sweet rig Tom. Sounds like you have her rigged quite well. You will definitely need that wash down with all the fish that will be coming aboard.

Wait, what? Your boat will do almost 60 MILES PER HOUR and you're hoping for more!?!?!?

Yer killin me!

Yeah, new boat syndrome...makes you say weird stuff. Boat runs great, I was relying on all the performance bulletins out there and didn't have a realistic concept of what to expect. 60mph probably won't happen without losing some overall performance. I got to remember that i got a fishing boat and didn't buy a speed boat.
    Last edited by ichthyguy; 06-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.

22' aluminum hull with 300 hp is simply amazing to me. Even if it can do 60 mph, I don't think I would want to.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

You can crack 60 easy...

Unload every bit of fishing gear... pump out the live wells... Make sure you have 1/3 tank of gas...

Go alone... Find a flat dead calm lake.... Drive with the wind.

I bet you'll go 60 quicker than you thought possible.

Everything looks great except the Pink pussy, never thought I would say that , lol.
    Alumacraft Custom Trophy 18
    SMOKE -N - FINN

I got harassed enough about the hello kitty sticker on my last boat, i had to bring it back for this one...sometimes negative attention is better than no attention.

Dirk...Agreed, the boat has enough power to hit the 60 mark, if needed. I am loaded heavy with equiptment, people and gas, that come with great lake fishing. The 4 blade prop has great overall performamce. If you gun it at 3000 rpms, the boat jumps. The Tempest 21 pitch 3 blade would probabaly do it.

I am still looking at raising the outboard 1 hole, cavitation plate is buried in the water when fully trimmed out. Im still reading about what the height should be with the stepped (sst slace saving transom)

Wow that thing would look great on the Fox River down there lol
    Nice rig
    John
    20' Regal - Take-A-Break
    Port - Superior, Wi

I have same boat. With Evinrude etec 300 64 mph 1/2 tank of gas & 2 adults on detroit river. Amazing boat. Folks I've talk too who have same boat said 2250 will go faster.

I was down on Bull Shoals last week and with 3 guys and a 3/4 tank of gas I was just shy of 60MPH. I would love to have that top end, but the 4 blade prop works real good. The boat gets thrown onto plane real quick and cruising at 40mph the boat will launch to 55 instantly.

However statistically my 350 should not go over 66 mph, this would be calculated with 0 prop slip and a redline of 6400 RPMs. I would need a 21" prop and the rpm to get faster.

What prop are you running on your evinrude?

How are you calculating your speed?

Where in in a 5mph down river current?
    Last edited by ichthyguy; 08-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.

I've been eye-balling the 2250 for a few months and it's made the shortlist for the next rig. Few questions about the ride: dryweifht is at 2100 lbs so that must help with smoothness of ride but what has been your experience? What is the side to side stability like on it? Love the set-up you went with!

I am very happy with the ride, the boat cuts the waves much better than my last aluminum boat. However, being an aluminum boat it can slap the waves a bit in chop. I have noticed faster is better in chop.

The boat has a wide beam and sits flat on the water, the side to side stability is good.

This boat is definitely made for big water. It has very high sides and the extended transom. You still need to be very cautious, but I feel safer in this boat over my 19' Trophy.

I don't have any major complaints for the boat yet. it is well set up, roomy, and has more storage than most can fill.

PM me if you need any more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast