Great Lakes Angler Forum

Pursuit 2460 Denali

Used, but low hours and clean. Nice replacement for the Lund Pro-V which finally sold. This Pursuit is a nice solid boat!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super boat, but if you're going to slip, you'll need a barrier coat paint and anti-fouling.

curious how much you paid for it? There is one coming for sale nearby soon. You can PM me if you don't want to say here. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk of the North View Post
    Super boat, but if you're going to slip, you'll need a barrier coat paint and anti-fouling.
    I am considering that due to the green fuzzy bottom currently. Any idea what initial costs I'd be looking at and how often do I need to re-apply once its on? Thanks for the comment and help.

PM sent

I owner a 24 foot boat and initially had a few minor osmotic blisters from water soaking through the gel coat. I dried the boat out over one winter and before getting wet had several coats of INTERLUX 2000e applied professionally. Its a waterproofing barrier coat. Really has to be done at a dealer as jacking and painting under the bunks area from a trailer is potentially dangerous...

It was $300 plus the paint, but that was years ago. Now will be more, but was worth it to me.

search online about the interlux 2000e or similar technology to learn more about water intrusion, blisters and water weight gain. A boat can gain HUNDREDS of pounds of water over a season.

If not treated water weight will slow your boat, rob you of fuel efficiency, overwork your engine, and eventually rot the stringers and transom.

Anti-slime paint is another matter. It contains chemicals that prevent algae and other microscopic organisms from growing on your hull.

If you intend to be a long term boat slipper consider a permanent barrier coat system and then think about the anti-fouling paint OVER it, which should last several seasons give or take considering your harbor water quality, use, and weather factors...

The 2000e barrier coat system is a 2 part epoxy with "micro plates" that form an overlapping shield that keeps the water out.

Wow, lots of good information there. Thank you for taking the time to post. I'll look into it.

I did my 30 SeaRay myself in the above stated manner..5 coats of interprotect as recommended by Interlux to build up the surface to XXX mils of thickness. then 1 coat of red Micron CSC and then 2 coats of Black Micron CSC...this was to help see when the black needed touch up.
    Surface prep is all important as in all and any paint jobs. I had the hull charcoal blasted but a cleaning and sand with 240 will also do the job. In my memory interprotect came in at around $120 per gallon and on a 30' hull 1.5 gal per coating. Also I used white and then gray in order to visually aid the coverage ....PS....LOVE the Tiara Pursuit line of boats,.....I still own a '72 (Slickcraft) Original.

Heard lots of great compliment about Micron CSC stuff! Thinking of doing mine soon right after we finished installing the backrack headache rack and new tires on the current truck project.