Great Lakes Angler Forum
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    south elgin
    Posts
    205

    Malware warning!

    I won't be coming here anymore until you guys figure out your malware problems. I've seen a couple people warn admin about this only to get their posts deleted. Now I get a warning from Google every time I try to check in. Notice post activity is way down so I must not be the only one getting the warning...

    Goodbye, it's been fun while it lasted...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Metro Area
    Posts
    40
    I get the warning too and also emailed them about it and heard nothing back

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Near Lansing, MI
    Posts
    7,676
    Has been reported to the website tech support hosting company but I have not heard anything back through GLA/Tony Amato at this time.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

    Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carlton,MN
    Posts
    129
    My guess is he is using Chrome and it is giving him a warning about the site when it really is something Chrome dose not like and is not some malware on this site.
    "Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of trying to change others." -Jacob Braude

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Near Lansing, MI
    Posts
    7,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Almquist View Post
    My guess is he is using Chrome and it is giving him a warning about the site when it really is something Chrome does not like and is not some malware on this site.
    Yes Chrome is reporting the site as having malware, but so it TrendMicro antivirus. Web support is trying to find the issue.
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

    Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    598
    malware, smalware, I got the notice, what else is new?
    Hawghunter
    "We follow the fish"
    23' 1976 Formula Thunderbird
    http://www.hawghuntersportfishing.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Braddocks Bay, N.Y.
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaCat View Post
    Yes Chrome is reporting the site as having malware, but so it TrendMicro antivirus. Web support is trying to find the issue.
    Avast Security is also warning about maleware
    Jim S.
    Braddocks Bay, N.Y.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    526

    Malware warning

    I have no problem at work with Windows, but from home with Safari I get the malware warning. I trust my Apple operating system at home much more than I would ever trust Windows

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    336
    Anybody figured out what was going on or whats being done about it?

    Al

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Isle, MN
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenW View Post
    Anybody figured out what was going on or whats being done about it?

    Al
    After a month of the same issue, The only answer is nothing...
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Two Harbors, MN
    Posts
    169
    I pinged them on Facebook and told them there has been issues for awhile with redirects. On mobile site it will redirect to filestore72.info which has some ads that are malicious it seems (android will tweak out if you stay onsite about phone being infected). They claim to be have it in their IT's hands. If you are on a Mac or linux based system chances are you may be fine...I wouldn't browse this site with a PC.

    They need to scan the web server directories with Antivirus and probably more importantly update the forum software and then ping google to have the site rescanned.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Topeka
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by markbruzek View Post
    After a month of the same issue, The only answer is nothing...
    Hi markbruzek,
    Our vBulletin expert (actually 2 experts) have ran diagnostics and no malware has been found on the entire site. They are going to do an update and then get us off of the "malware" list. It may take days or it may take weeks. Google has placed us on a list and we bow down to them. I am as frustrated as everyone else with this. Don't be afraid to use the site.
    Tony Amato

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Topeka
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by niseak View Post
    I pinged them on Facebook and told them there has been issues for awhile with redirects. On mobile site it will redirect to filestore72.info which has some ads that are malicious it seems (android will tweak out if you stay onsite about phone being infected). They claim to be have it in their IT's hands. If you are on a Mac or linux based system chances are you may be fine...I wouldn't browse this site with a PC.

    They need to scan the web server directories with Antivirus and probably more importantly update the forum software and then ping google to have the site rescanned.
    Hi niseak,
    Our site is on an Amazon server and no Malware has been found. There is also no Malware on our vBulletin site. We are now just stuck on a Google black-list at the moment :(
    Tony

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    south elgin
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Amato View Post
    Hi markbruzek,
    Our vBulletin expert (actually 2 experts) have ran diagnostics and no malware has been found on the entire site. They are going to do an update and then get us off of the "malware" list. It may take days or it may take weeks. Google has placed us on a list and we bow down to them. I am as frustrated as everyone else with this. Don't be afraid to use the site.
    Tony Amato
    Thank you, Tony, for your response. It's nice to see some activity here again.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Two Harbors, MN
    Posts
    169
    Cool looks like the malware dealio is fixed, no longer flagged anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •