Great Lakes Angler Forum

Crestliner Nighthawk 1640

Newbie here....lots of really nice rigs! I don't venture too far out in mine. Really enjoy it though. :)
    Crestliner.jpg
    This photo was taken at Mosquito last year, and I've done quite a few mods to her this year. I plan to get out on Lake Erie much more this season....(being very selective about which days I go, of course!)
    Last edited by Mooner; 01-07-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    PolarKraft Frontier 179WT
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke
    MinnKota Terrova 80# w/ iPilot US2
    Lowrance HDS 2 Touch, Lowrance Elite 5x

Baby steps...I started out years ago in a 14' Starcraft deep water model with a 15 hp outboard. Fished early season for salmon out the southern Lake Huron ports, St. Clair and inland lakes. Finally made my way to a 30' cruiser before downsizing a year ago to a 17' Crestliner. There's a lot to be said for either extreme. Comfort, safety and range of the big boat vs. economy, versatility and mobility of a smaller craft. Nice looking Crestliner.

On nice days your boat can catch you a lot of fish and fun! Just be careful and watch the weather.

You can also get in and fish skinnier water up on the beaches in the spring than the big boys can. That can be fun fishing!

nice looking boat..... post some more pictures of it...

Quote Originally Posted by play dough View Post
    Baby steps...I started out years ago in a 14' Starcraft deep water model with a 15 hp outboard. Fished early season for salmon out the southern Lake Huron ports, St. Clair and inland lakes. Finally made my way to a 30' cruiser before downsizing a year ago to a 17' Crestliner. There's a lot to be said for either extreme. Comfort, safety and range of the big boat vs. economy, versatility and mobility of a smaller craft. Nice looking Crestliner.
    Your words are much appreciated! I think, ideally, I'd like a bit bigger vessel, side counsel, and probably a 60 hp. I could still go on the smaller inland lakes, but feel safer on Lake Erie.
    Thanks for the nice comments. :)
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by tyeeII View Post
    On nice days your boat can catch you a lot of fish and fun! Just be careful and watch the weather.
    Will do. I'm well-equipped with all the necessary safety gear. :)
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by fishmunkee View Post
    You can also get in and fish skinnier water up on the beaches in the spring than the big boys can. That can be fun fishing!
    That's my plan. :)
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by t2ddelttta View Post
    nice looking boat..... post some more pictures of it...
    10-31-17.jpg
    Here it is in hibernation mode :( At least I can sit in it whenever I want. lol
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke

Polar Kraft 1.jpg

Well, I got the Lake Erie walleye bug this summer, for sure! I got lots of eyes from my Crestliner, but there were times I wanted to go to deeper waters and couldn't....not safely anyway. I admit I went out a bit farther than I should have, but the lake was beautiful and I never had an issue. I'm always looking at boats for sale and when my local dealer got this Polar Kraft in, I went to look at it and couldn't pass it up. It's exactly what I've been wanting. Fits nicely in my garage, too!
    Yamaha 90 4 Stroke