Great Lakes Angler Forum

2018 Hewescraft Pro V 200 ET HT

Here is a couple of shots of my new rig !! I have wanted a Hewescraft for the last 8 years and I finally got one !! I can't wait to fish an make memories with my best friend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time to do some pretend trolling in the shop so you can get everything mounted in the right spot the first time. Have fun with your buddy.

ps.I have sharp drills,work for beer ;)
    I am sponsored by my SWEET wife who has no affiliation with any Tackle companys.

Red Rider thanks for all your help and photos !! Maybe this summer we could hook up and fish !! My nephew lives in Racine Wisconsin.

Damn the size of that building you need bigger TV on wall and bigger boat

Nope this was at the dealer.. I was lucky to get it my barn and shoot I might have to live in the boat..

Pleas somebody start me a "go fund my boat" account so can rig it.. lol

Looks like you're all set with finding a first mate. Nice boat. I'd be interested to hear how you like running in a 2'-3' chop. The helm looks very far forward which would seem to translate into a rough ride in a choppy Great Lake. Looks like it will fish very well.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by play dough View Post
    Looks like you're all set with finding a first mate. Nice boat. I'd be interested to hear how you like running in a 2'-3' chop. The helm looks very far forward which would seem to translate into a rough ride in a choppy Great Lake. Looks like it will fish very well.
    I have the same hull: define running? to me that's WOT...on plane or skipping the tops. With the suspension seats I have its a nice ride but for sure its not going to be as smooth as a glass boat. As you mentioned its an awesome fishing platform that keeps you protected from the elements.
    I am sponsored by my SWEET wife who has no affiliation with any Tackle companys.

Great looking ride! Congrats!

I finally got my Simrad Graph, Auto Pilot, riggers, and a few rod holders on my boat. Now I just need the time to fish !!

NICE. With the trim tabs down 2-3' chop will be piece of cake. Rain-X and good wiper blades your good to go. Congrats!

Sweet spring coho rig right there

Maiden voyage this morning in the Hewescraft. We got to Saginaw bay this morning around 9 am ( 27 degrees ), west wind about 10 mph. We had he bud heater going so the cabin was fantastic !! Ended up only getting one walleye that my son reeled in !! We fished until about noon and winds and waves picked up so we headed in. Waves were all of 3 footers so I wanted to test her out. I put the tabs down and hit the throttle !! WOW I did not think that this boat would handle that good !! We wee running 25-27 mph and it was taking it great. Son wanted to go faster but wife did not. Only bad thing was the water coming over quickly turned to ice and the boat looked like an episode of deadliest catch !! All in all great day out learning our new bat.