Great Lakes Angler Forum

Thread: New Lund

New Lund

Got my first full windshield boat. Loved the storage options of the 1875 impact compared to my Alumacraft tournament pro. I also couldn't pass up the 10 year warranty on the Etec and then transferred my 9.9 kicker over. I put my old 1197SI on the dash and a Helix 7 on the bow with a terrova 80 with Ipilot and my favorite addition troll master 2. I can't wait to be able to use that without going to the back of the boat to adjust my speed. I put the full sport top on it with side curtains hoping my wife will want to venture out with our little one onto the big pond a few times with me.
    Waiting on my Cisco Lund mounts to show up and I will be putting my Bert's rod holders on the 48" track system and we'll be ready to hit the water! I will post a picture when i get my tracks on as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice boat!

That will get you out there, nice jumbo perch rig too.

The New Evinrude's are gaining more popularity for a lot of good reasons
    10 year warranty just one of them

NICE.......look forward to some pictures of fishing with it....

Got the Cisco's in! Perfect fit with the top and side curtains up it will be right at the start of the track system.

IMG_2426.JPGIMG_2428.JPGIMG_2427.JPG

Awesome boat, really like the top and side curtains.

Hey Gunsmith, I was wondering if there are any comparable Lund Sport Trac rod holders that would be a cheaper alternative to the Cisco setup? Not wanting to lay out all that cash for that setup. I know you have a lot into it. I think pulling lead core and planer boards is probably the most weight I will pull for now.

https://www.traxstech.com/Default.asp

I talked to several guys that had these on their boats and loved them. The reason I went with the Cisco instead is they are quick to come on and off so i can put my travel cover on. They are more expensive but there is more machining and IMO seem like a better setup. I also do a lot of walleye fishing on smaller lakes and the Mississippi river. I just rigged my boat and am heading to the cabin and plan to make several trips to superior this weekend. It honestly took me less then 2 minutes to remove my track system. Here is a picture of the boat if anyone is out on the pond feel free to say hello I enjoy meeting new people from different areas.

If you are just pulling lead and boards the regular lund sport track mounts should hold up just fine. I have some of them on the bow and by my counsel.
    new lund.jpg

I also forgot to mention they do have mounts on amazon too but I have not talked to anyone that has used them.

Really like your top with side windows. Nice boat and set up. I have 2009 alumacraft 185 tournament which is similar but I have top side gunnel doors on each side so this prohibits the use of a long mounting track. Has anyone else solved this problem with older alumacrafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
    Really like your top with side windows. Nice boat and set up. I have 2009 alumacraft 185 tournament which is similar but I have top side gunnel doors on each side so this prohibits the use of a long mounting track. Has anyone else solved this problem with older alumacrafts?
    My last boat was a 2009 tournament pro 185. The reason I went with the lund is the gunnels. I made a custom set of rod trees for mine and then pulled the compartments out and tapped a aluminum block underneath the gunnel so i could bolt on and off my setup. I also did the same on the read of the hatch for my downriggers.

IMG_1879.jpgIMG_1342.JPG Not the best pictures but you can see on the 2nd I just kept the bolts in with nylon washers when I wasn't using them.

I never got a chance to post any pics last year fishing. Work got the best of the summer working almost every weekend but I did however make it out a few times and was able to get my dad and father in law out as well.

IMG_0077.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_1372.jpgIMG_0136.jpgIMG_0334.JPG