Great Lakes Angler Forum

Thread: Tv's on Boats

Tv's on Boats

Recently purchased a pursuit 3000 express and tossing around the idea of putting a small tv in the cabin to keep the kids occupied. My question is does it need to be a marine grade tv or will a normal tv be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Beaver Charters View Post
    Recently purchased a pursuit 3000 express and tossing around the idea of putting a small tv in the cabin to keep the kids occupied. My question is does it need to be a marine grade tv or will a normal tv be ok.
    Check out AC/DC/DVD TV's for OTR truckers. They are made to handle the pounding better.
    Smitty

"SAM-R-EYE"
    Crestliner Phantom 196 SST Evinrude 150XP--9.9 kicker

You can use any TV you want. I suggest you get a swivel mount and mount it somewhere that is convenient for watching. Get a HD antenna and hook it up for free Local channels. hook up other stuff for kids. Make sure you get a solid mounting bracket and secure it well.

Mark

Doesn't need to be marine grade, but my previous boat had a TV that could take both 12V and 120V power input. We simply hardwired to 12V so either on shore power or underway, just pulled power from the battery (which was charged while on the hook).

The other thing you'll need is a digital antenna ... they are something like 12" diameter pizza dish and you have to connect your co-ax into your TV from this dish. Without it, you are unlikely to get any channels. The dish should be mounted to your radar arch.