Great Lakes Angler Forum

Cisco Rod Holders

Just wanted an honest opinion from those who have and use Cisco rod holders. They look bullet proof but,need some input from experience to see if they stand up to a Dipsey/Wire combo and the punishment our Great Lakes Salmon would hand them.
    Thanks, Frank

honda cat Guest

RE: Cisco Rod Holders

Frank
    They are as good as a traxs tech little more money scratch up a little easier
    Their adjustability is is their big selling point . They certainly are not a compromise in quality construction .
    We stock and install traxs tech and cisco have then both on display rite next to each other in the store most of it in stock
    Including the cisco riggers
    Stop by and have a look
    Seems to me the traxs tech stuff is popular with lake Michigan guys and the cisco stuff is popular with lake Erie guys only because cisco is originally from Ohio and traxs tech from Michigan

some more pictures in the new products section of this site under the title

Calumet Marine Spring Show Project

2 of my friends have them on their boats and they are bullet proof. the quality is 2nd to none.
    Chris J.
    traveling man

I've ran them for the past 3 seasons. I absolutely love them! Two sets of triples along with their rocket launcher...
    You wont be disappointed..

I have owned and used for the last 3 years. Excellant choice!

Absolutely BULLET PROOF! Their adjustability is the BEST thing about them. I waited and used A LOT of rod holders before I bought them. I have been more than pleased with these holders. Here is a picture of mine in use along with my set-up.

Crazy Yankee's Blog and Fishing Reports also Twitter and Facebook

Affiliated with Cannon Downriggers, Humminbird Electronics, A-TOM-MIK Tournament Flies, Dreamweaver Lures, McCoy Fishing Lines, and Daiwa Rods and Reels

Gentleman, I appreciate your opinions,that's enough support to help me pull the trigger on my purchase!! I believe I was pre-sold after just viewing their display/machining,they looked and felt really rock solid!
    Thanks again, Frank

honda cat Guest

Frank
    Where did you see there display at?
    I thought i was the olnly one around here that carried a full line of Cisco equipment?

FYI....the low diver (second rod from the right) runs on a .5 with a Magnum ring most of the time when I am running a double wire set. That set-up isn't a lightweight puller. I am very happy with these and mind you I have no affiliations with them.
    Crazy Yankee's Blog and Fishing Reports also Twitter and Facebook

Affiliated with Cannon Downriggers, Humminbird Electronics, A-TOM-MIK Tournament Flies, Dreamweaver Lures, McCoy Fishing Lines, and Daiwa Rods and Reels

K gonefishin Guest

I run Cisco's as well they are rock solid rod holders. I run triple tubes as well as the cradles, the way my boat is set up I prefer to run my divers in my cradles do to the fact I have storage bins in my Ranger that would require me to lean over the side. I also use the cradles for pulling bouncers walleye fishing. You'll love the quality build and adjustability of them.

Easy there Frankie,
    The set up /display that I saw was yours at one of the shows that you were in. Maybe Valpo ?? can't remember exactly. Been kickin tires for awhile, but I'll be in touch soon,need some other goodies as well!!
    Frank