Great Lakes Angler Forum

Removing consol from Lund tyee

Iím hoping someone can help me I am trying to change out the floor of my Lund.
    im not sure how to take out the windshield and I have most of the consol loose except it is still attached to the gunnel somehow and Iím not sure how.
    I googled for how to videos but nothing comes up I contacted Lund and there is no service manuals they told me.
    I will be most grateful for any suggestions on how to remove the windshield and consoles.

thanks gramps

What year is your Tyee? I replaced my floor on my '92 and didn't need to remove my console or windshield. On mine, the aluminum console is welded to the gunnels, but there are carpeted wood panels that were bolted to it. I unbolted those and replaced them as well as the floor.

Mine is a 2008 and the floor is vinyl and runs right through.

I have an older Tyee that I replaced the floor in, they're probably very different but I'm fairly sure that it is riveted to the gunwale and that is how it is still attached. They should be blind rivets though 3/16" I'd guess maybe smaller. At least in mine they were and I drilled them out then poof console and windshield come off. From what I remember there weren't any solid rivets holding interior components together except for the structural and through hull attachment points.
    Just to state again my Tyee is much older and it is probably very different. I have pictures of the removal if you want I turned mine into a tiller so the rebuild probably wouldn't be of any help.