Great Lakes Angler Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for all of the help guys. If I have any luck this year, I will be sure to post photos. Now I just need to learn about these keel sinkers lol. Any crankbait recommendations like the type and color for around may for coho? I read something about brads thin fish?

A go to for me is the jointed orange and gold rapala. I am starting to prefer the scatter rap type. J-9 size. I have several pounds of other stick/crank baits. Everyday, every lake, there will always be at least one in the spread to start the day (spring time).

Sent you a PM

You might consider fishing out of Waukegan... Its got a strong charter fleet, and if you're not to obvious about it you could follow one of the big boats out at 5 or 6 AM on a "coho morning"

They'll be onto fish fast. If you're in the neighborhood you'll be able to spot the clients in the back of the boat and even at almost a mile away see that net going up and down.

Avoid the big boats, but note the depth you will all be in and go North-South and you'll probably be marking fish at a certain depth. with planer boards and yes, leadcore or dipseys you'll pick up fish.

Coho are ravenous lil' bastards and if you're not hitting fish, or even doubles pick up and move before the sun gets too high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sent you a PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12