Great Lakes Angler Forum

Meat rigs in Superior

I'm curious has anyone tried meat rigs in Superior with any luck?

I have not used meat rigs on Superior,,, But have used Brads super bait cut plugs stuffed with tuna with some good success,,, I only have 2 cut bait lures that are still in the package
    Starcraft Islander 221 BRKT "Gifted Angel"
    Merc 150 Opti Max
    Merc 9.9 Pro Kicker

I use meat rigs all the time on North Shore of Superior out of Rossport and I know guys that have great success out of Wawa as well. Anything in green glow or green UV colours. I bait mine with Smelt. I bought my meat rigs from Captain John at Michiganangler.com and fishusa. Good Luck

Good to hear Captn Johns meat rigs are working well on Superior. I use them all the time on L. Michigan (both sides) and have done well on Chinooks. Have caught the most and largest fish on his Ghostbuster 12" paddle/3 twinkie/matching meat head and full sardine in a magnum head. Best action has been at night where those rigs really glow for extended periods of time. If you really want to have some fun, try his Ghostbuster spoon. That spoon is just as deadly deep, or trolling at night. Most important part of running these rigs? Run them S-L-O-W: 2 MPH is best.

Tight lines...

Great information thanks everyone.