Great Lakes Angler Forum

+ Reply to Thread
    Falcon2082 Guest

Garelick Kicker Motor Bracket Mod

Before I start I want to say that I completely understand that this mod voids any warranty I might have had with Garelick on this bracket!!

A friend and me did this mod to my Garelick bracket a couple fo weeks ago and I wanted to pass it along. On my Trophys transom their is a "ridge" that made mounting the bracket for my long shaft Yamaha 8 in a less then ideal position. After it was installed last year I wasn't getting a lot of the shaft in the water and it would come out when getting into 2 foot waves or better. At this time I was looking to have the parts added to the motor to make this an extra long shaft which would have cost me $500.00 in just parts from Yamaha. So what we did was replace the original angle mounts with longer ones. I kept the same mounting bolt holes and transfered the Garelick bolt holes (for the long bolts that actually hold the bracket with springs) 6 inches down. I then took the original angle brackets and used them on the inside of the transom as backer plates. The total cost of this was about $30.00 with new stainless hardware and 2" aluminum angle stock 1/8" thick. I wish I would have taken a bit more time to paint it but I will get that done at a different time. If anyone has any issues with their kicker not getting into the water enough this worked out perfectly and for not much money.

Mike

RE: Garelick Kicker Motor Bracket Mod

I HAVE THE SAME MOUNT WITH A 9.9 HONDA. JUST WONDERING HOW YOU SECURE YOUR MOTOR FOR TRANSPORT WHILE UNDER WAY AND WHILE TRAILORING. I JUST USE A COUPLE OF RATCHET STRAPS, BUT ITS KINDA PAIN IN ###.

Falcon2082 Guest

RE: Garelick Kicker Motor Bracket Mod

While trailering I just put that metal locking "tab" that it came with over one the bolts and for running on the water I just bring the motor up and tighten the hand knobs and go. I know Garelick says to not trailer with it but what else are we supposed to do?? I guess I don't worry about it!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread