Great Lakes Angler Forum

Last of the Cherokee's

Brought this home from Kaleva in the fall of 2008 and put her in on Erie an Lake O last year. Last 30 Sportfisher made, she is a battle wagon and a true fish hunter. What a season on both lakes, can't wait to get her wet for this season.

RE: Last of the Cherokee's

I was the third to the last person to get a cherokee mine is a 270.
    You my friend got the deal of a life time on your 300.I considered buying the one you have when i first herd about it but, what would I do with two cherokee's in this economic climate anyway,i just love mine. I Charter with it it's great you can see it at my website www.freddiebsportfishingcharters.com
    Good Fishing Capt.Fred

Great boat, too bad they are gone.
    Pioneer

To say the least I am very happy with the boat. Check out the website at www.reelthrillcharters.net for some great pics from it's first year on the water. When I bought the boat rumor was that Big Jon bought the shop. Who knows what is in the future or if that is true or not?

Thanks,
    Capt. Tony

Tony,that is true Big John is the owner and say's no real plans to start manufacturing at this time till things pick up.The good thing here is maybe we will still be able to get boat parts if needed.BTW you have a nice web site.
    Capt. Fred Bolton
    Freddie B Sportfishing Charters

Tony,that is true Big John is the owner and say's no real plans to start manufacturing at this time till things pick up.The good thing here is maybe we will still be able to get boat parts if needed.BTW you have a nice web site.
    Capt. Fred Bolton
    Freddie B Sportfishing Charters

I had this picture of your boat in the factory, I cant believe they quit making Cherokee's there isnt alot of choices anymore for true fishing boats. I hope you enjoy it and take care of it SEE NEXT POST BELOW

Try this again

Private Eye,

Thanks for the factory picture. I will keep it for my records. I get a little moist everytime I see a new picture the new squaw, lol. Here is her benchmark from last year, (29.6) with the big ones getting bigger in Lake O, I hope she can conjure up one to beat it this season. Gettin a little "Cherokee Fever"

Thanks,
    Capt. Tony

Guys,
    Big Jon does own the Cherokee line and shop, we are just waiting for this economy to pick up. I have a couple friends who work for boat manufaturer and they say sales in the US are still soft and export is keeping them busy.

We do plan to restart the company but the task will be much more difficult with the passing of #### Stahle, there were no plans or manufacturing processes recorded, #### kept it all in his head.

The factory is still in good shape and all tooling is there,should be a real quick start up when we decide to restart it.

John Williams, Big Jon Sports

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, just wanted to get the word out. Anyone with a Cherokee Boat (Built in Romeo or Kaleva, MI) or having an interest in one, should Join my Facebook Group. CHEROKEE BOAT FAN CLUB. Right now have about 25 Members. If you use facebook you should be able to find it. Don't try Google search they don't list Facebook Groups.