Great Lakes Angler Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Little Help Please? DESPERATELY need a Raymarine cord :o

Dearest Fellow Anglers:

We are in desperate need of finding a simple CORD for a Raymarine model DS500x that was simply lost. It's now a discontinued model that is a few years old, but a very nice fish finder nonetheless and we really want/need to mount it in the back fishing area of the boat so we don't have to scream up to the captain on the flybridge all the time ("What's the Depth? 70? OK. Oh, you said SEVENTEEN?? Ooops!"). It's a 7 pin power/nmea cable, nothing fancy, but we cannot find one anywhere....including on the INTERNET...where we ARE, of course, normally able to find ANYTHING...including videos of dogs who say "I love you." :o

Do we have any hope here? Anybody have a lead? Anybody know anybody who might have an old Raymarine DS500x cord laying around?? You'll be a big hero if you do! :) Thanks in advance guys...
    Tight water bottles, 70's bean bags, and full coolers!
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

Here is a link to a thread over at The Hull Truth with someone looking for the same cord. One guy managed to get one from Raymarine and another offered one for a DS600x (same cord).

http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-...ne-ds500x.html
    Ryan... ... Think KINGS!

Boat Name: CATtitude Adjustment -- 21' SeaCat
    More technology per square foot than any boat on the Great Lakes

Call Raymarine or go in to a West Marine Store. I had them make an adapter cord so that I could use the power cord and transducer cord for an L750 on my DS600x, which is also a discontinued model. Cost me about $35.
    Dave

Thanks so much for the replies and looking into that, guys. I'm pretty sure, however, those were leads my brother already followed and ultimately came up dry. I'll double check with him though. It's so frustrating to not be able to simply plug a perfectly functioning unit in. Grrr. Thanks again for helping, gentlemen
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

http://bethel-marine.com/ Just so everyone knows the plug can't be found anywhere, I looked as well. This place had a tech make up a bunch just for ray marine customers but he no longer works for bethel marine. If anyone out there wants some you better call them and order and see if they can make you any more. When yours gets checked up they will be gone never to return again and the X series of fish finder are great units! (400/500/600x series). I got one of the last remaining 5 that they had.
    Pioneer

Pioneer: Thank you SO much for the actual live lead you found! Unfortunately however, somebody right from this very forum saw my question, then saw your awesome response, and snagged the VERY LAST ONE just before we saw it. Hence, once again and per usual, we are stuck with a nice Raymarine to use as a paper weight :'( Any other awesome leads, Pioneer....or anyone else?? This is beyond frustrating. Thanks so much.
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

Found the company that makes all the power cables for Raymarine and Furuno. Call Gemico (803-693-0777) and tell them you want just the end (cord part # is R69074) and make up your own power cord with Anchor wire from west marine. I was told by many people that if they don't have the end you will not find it unless someone has it laying around somewhere in some dark back room. Keep me posted......
    Pioneer

Unfortunately, total bust there, Pioneer. Both Gemico and Ramarine sort of just keep passing the buck to each other. Bottom line, neither seem to have it or have access to it. Thanks again though. Don't know what to do... :|
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

Might be a long shot but post under "garynjojo" has or had one

http://www.thehulltruth.com/archive/t-334348.html

Is this it ?

Shoot me a pm if yes.
    I am not a Big Weenie Pro Staff, but I act like one!
    WMFL Facebook

http://www.bigweeniebrand.com/

Pioneer: Could you tell us if the one CarpenterKen has looks right? I really can't tell if it is or isn't. I think maybe not because if memory serves the configuration is 7 pins around and none in the middle.
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

Here is the cable for my DS 500x. I've been searching for one too. If I find one I'll let you know. Please let me know if you find any extras!

Mike & Cynthia "Team Smells Like...Fish!
    Fife Lake, MI

Madtaxsea, Mikes is correct(cmcmjk1). 7 pin with a small grooze in the bottom. Same as my 600X. The hunt is on, remember everyone even if the cord checks or breaks keep the plug end because you can get real good replacement cable using Anchor wire. I will keep on calling. I'm going west coast tomorrow!
    Pioneer

Thanks for the due diligence, Mike and Pioneer! Yep, that's the one! Please keep us posted if you guys (or anyone) comes across any, and we shall surely do the same. This "simple" cord is like trying to find the Holy Grail! :o
    The Norwejun Fishin Teem
    *Mad TaxSEA*

Madtaxsea, John Crouch (Johncr@westmarine) suggested if you have a eletronic supply place near you that has plugs give them a shot, also any Raymarine installer out there may have one laying around in his bag of parts.
    Pioneer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast